Friday, July 21, 2006

Miscellaneous Shnarb.

I never really figured out how to spell that word exactly, but its a phrase that my brother uses to encompass numerous things that have no real catergory, so it feels like it fits. Hmm what shnarb is for today...

1) The move (Final phases complete): My husband and I live with my brother and his wife while we get on our feet financially- being married at 21 and 22 respectively is not an easy feat for the unwary. Jonathan is working toward completing his electrical ticket and I am going for my bachelors of art in history, classes begin this fall again. But anyhow, I digress. The move was a matter of renovating one of their basement rooms (originally a carport) in which we painted, fixed lighting, ripped out old carpet and put in new with underlay. An entirely long project which was finally finished wednesday night as we unpacked the towers of our things from around various locations of the house and put them in our new room. It looks great. I will have to take a photo sometime and post it.

2) Writing on Monday and Tuesday was wonderful... Wednesday and Thursday were a complete drag :( Hopefully today will be good. I managed to get a goodly amount done on Christian's story (the knight who stops the Apocalypse) and so that pleases me.

3) The raiding of Molten Core is an entirely addictive thing. I can't help it. Purples dropping brings glee to my heart. Ok, enough World of Warcraft... lol. No wonder I was up so late last nite :(

4) I actually plan in the near future to get photos and drawings up here once I get them scanned. I am a bit of an artist. I don't count myself as particularly talented but I have seen worse. Then again, I have seen better, but then there will always be someone better, I am sure. Ah, Leonardo... At any rate, those pictures will be coming soon. Mostly they are of characters in my books or in my mind that just need to have a face I can look at from time to time.

5) It's the weekend! That means not a lot of writing/blogging will get done again til Monday. The weekends are reserved entirely for my love and our friends. Sundays are Dungeons and Dragons days as well as bible study. (I know that to many people, including Jonathan's family, this seems to be a contradiction of events, but I know the truth--See coming post.) Our campaigns actually give me so much inspiration. I will post bits and pieces of Christian's story as we go along, which is actually Jonathan's D&D character from a past campaign. Mind you, I am completely rearrange the story for the purposes of the novel (there was no dragonriders of the Apocalypse) but the character is still there. If you can find a mature group of players, it's actually great fun, and great inspiration for those stories you want to tell.

No comments: